Legend-ary Cross Country Trip - Day 20,21, 22 - Lake of the Ozarks
I was missing my morning Chai latte. We had not come across a Starbucks or a coffee shop that would accommodate a trailer in their drive thru only locations since the World’s Largest Truck stop in Iowa. Could we have gone into towns and searched one out, likely. But I was looking along our route and in travel Centers. No need to make a special trip.
After our long drive through Kansas, we arrived and were happy with our choice of this cute little family RV Park. I loved how they had a wood carver come in and carve their dying for their dead trees into some beautiful art a couple places around the grounds. This would be our home for the next 3 days. We were looking forward to not having to pack up and move on. We spent the next 3 days, our longest staying in one place, in the Ozarks. We tried to decide if we wanted to go kayaking, do a little hiking, or just relax. My vote was for visiting a winery and hanging at the pool. Bruce agreed.
On our first morning in the Ozarks, Bruce was going to drive into town to get the oil changed in the truck. That's just crazy, I thought. We just had the oil change before we left a couple weeks ago. I was not taking into consideration we had almost put 5,000 miles on the truck. He asked if I would like him to pick me up a Chai Latte at Starbucks. I was so happy that he thought of me and decided no. I wanted the whole Starbucks experience so I wanted to go. I want to go in, I want to sit down outside with the wind blowing through my hair as I sipped on my ice chai latte. I even took a book to attempt to read. I was ready for personal alone time. Well so did the other 25 people that were at this Starbucks. Oh my goodness! I forgot what a Starbucks looks like in the morning at a resort town. I did get my ice chai and my chocolate croissant and was enjoying them outside on the cushioned couch. Then Bruce came around the corner. I felt like I had just sat down. Where was my quality 20 minutes of alone time? Oh it was spent waiting for my order. Bruce decided that he would also get a pastry so I could have a little more time on my comfy chair with the wind blowing through my hair sipping on my ice chai latte. After that we decided that we were really going to kick back and relax.
Wildlife: Deer, Fish
Trailer: No Issues
To be honest the three days all blended together. Within that mixture there were two stops at Starbucks, two times at the pool, a winery and a sunset dinner boat tour of the lake.
REFLECTION: The three days were very relaxing, we were both ready to enjoy some time out of the truck. The camping aspect in the trailer was phenomenal. We both commented on how the trip went so much better than we even ever expected. We never felt crowded, we never got in each other's way, we had the food and the drink that we needed, and everything in the camper worked great. It was nice to know that if we choose to do this again, living in a trailer for a month while traveling works out just perfect for us.













Comments
Post a Comment