Well That's a First
My word of the year is maintain, but that doesn’t mean I stop living and live a dull life in 2025. I will still live and grow in incremental ways. “Degree by degree” to quote my previous pastor. Instead of having a specific landing point, I create new paths with no specific destination.
One of the ways that I lay the path before me is to set mini goals. Recently, I set a goal while on a cruise to the Western Caribbean I would try something new everyday. This goal began prior to the cruise which I noted in a previous post. I don’t feel compelled to go into depth with my ventures, but I did want to make note of them to remind myself that the steps into the unknown can be large or small, adventurous or quiet.
New Adventures on the High Seas
Day 1
I attended my first "wine share" on board a cruise ship with other guests that I connected with prior to the cruise through Facebook.
Day 2
I drove a 4 wheeler through the jungle of Cozumel.
Day 3
I sat in the Caribbean sea and did nothing but look through the sand for shells.
Day 4
Bruce and I teamed up with a couple we met on the ship to play two rounds of trivia.
Day 5
I did my first tequila shot, actually, 3 - not in a row, while looking over the Caribbean Sea.
Day 6
I stargazed from the helicopter pad of the ship.
Day 7
I attended My first Mardi Gras party complete with balloon drop. Maybe the phrase “I watched from above” is more accurate.
Reflection: These events may not be life changing, but life shifting. Not working and having adult children is a perfect blend for isolation. I enjoy being alone and there is nothing wrong with that. Yet I am an introvert who wants to expand her world. The combination requires me to be purposeful in both my action and inaction.







Comments
Post a Comment